Visit our website


Learn more about JFW by visiting our website ajfwa.ca

Sunday, February 09, 2020

Jennifer Howitt - AJFWA Office Administrator

Introducing....

Jennifer Howitt 
AJFWA Office Administrator


I have been involved with Junior Forest Wardens since 1993, and have been a member of the Red Deer Woodchucks for most of my adult life. 

I started with the Woodchucks as a Pathfinder leader. When my kids were old enough to join the program, I became a club parent and was the Secretary for the Red Deer Woodchucks. I am married to Cody Howitt, the Assistant Chief Warden.  Both of our kids have been in the program since they turned six years old. Mackenzie graduated the program in 2018, and our son Colby will graduate in 2021. 

I am honored and so grateful to have the opportunity to continue to work with this amazing organization that has given my family and friends so many wonderful opportunities. 

My past work history includes management of a non-profit organization in Blackfalds for almost five years, and then after our family moved to Red Deer, I worked for an oilfield company doing accounting until I found my passion in a classroom. 

Two years ago, I decided with the support of my family to go to college full time and finally get my degree. I have two more years of full-time college ahead of me still, but I promise you that I will value your emails and will strive to get back to you within at least a couple of days. I respect that you take the time to contact me, and even if I do not know the answer, I will always work to get you an answer.  




 I have loved and known this program, and I value what this program has given to myself, my family as well as every child and parent in our club.  I feel incredibly lucky to call many of the members of the Woodchucks “my very good friends”. These friends will probably tell you that I am NOT a fan of cold camp and that peeing outdoors in anything below -5 makes me a tad cranky.  However, I love teaching and interacting with the kids in our club.  I have been known to teach archery.  I love to play predator/prey. I am always known for making sure everyone around me is fed, and fed well. 

Nothing makes me happier than heading out on the river on a beautiful day chasing seagulls in my kayak and throwing candy between our boats as we laugh and navigate the river together for whatever nature may have in store for us. 

Please know that this program means the world to me and I strive to work hard for AJFWA and for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your well-mannered comments are welcome. Please remember that our children will be reading them!